Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fudgies

What could be better than chocolate?
Duh - a new baby!
Noah David was born yesterday to our cousins Sunny and Derek, and I think he looks just like his big brother Hyrum!
Sunny wowed us big time when she shared her fabulous Fudgies with us. We begged for the recipe, and were thrilled to learn that it isn't tricky at all. She made a double batch at our reunion this summer and somebody (I won't name names) cut into one pan before she even had a chance to serve them. They are addicting and dangerous.
I think I better go whip up a batch in honor of this handsome little guy's birth....

Fudgies
Melt 2 sticks of butter (or margerine)
Pour over:
1 package of crushed graham crackers
1 1/2 cups ( 18 oz jar ) peanut butter
4 cups powdered sugar

Mix all together and press in a 9x13 pan

Melt one tablespoon of Crisco with 1 (12 oz) package of chocolate chips. Spread on top and chill in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before cutting.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Sunny and Derek! How exciting. I am going to make some Fudgies just to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!! I'm so glad you all made fudgies in little Noah's honor. He will surely be happy! Soooo glad I made those for you the second day I met you. I had to win you over! :)YEA!!!

    ReplyDelete