Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's Almost Heaven in the Avenues

If nobody has brought you a box of premium chocolates lately and you live in the SLC area you have my permission to treat yourself! Get on over to 390 E. 4th Avenue where you will find Hatch Family Chocolates, run by Steve Hatch (a second cousin) and Katie Masterson. It's good stuff, I promise!
Deseret News ran a great story about the couple on February 10th - no doubt they had a few more customers for Valentine's Day orders this year! And "Little Chocolatiers" premiered as a special on TLC in December, with more episodes scheduled for March.

(Oh, and they also sell fabulous ice cream!)

If you need to pull a good prank on someone you can do what another family member I know did (I won't mention names, but he was the cookie monster mentioned in an earlier blog): he bought a nice box of Hatch Family chocolates, took a bite out of each one and put it back in the box. He then did a new shrink-wrap on it, added a nice bow and gave it as a gift. The receiver was more than excited to receive a box of these "Famous all over Utah" chocolates but I'm not sure the giftee is still on speaking terms with the giftor.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I LOVE this place! The hardest part: Deciding WHAT to get! Great little secret in SLC!

    ReplyDelete