Sunday, May 16, 2010

Oh, Crumb


For the past 3 months I have been diligent about exercising and eating well, to the point that I have hardly eaten any sweets, including, believe it or not, chocolate. I haven't binged once! This weekend I was feeling pretty proud of myself because we have had two events where really, really good food was served and I managed to be quite reasonable about it. Friday night the chocolate cake looked divine. Keven gave me one bite of his and I was completely satisfied. (When he offered me a second bite I only ate it because I didn't want to be rude.) Tonight at an open house there was another marvelous array of food and desserts, including LOTS of chocolate goodies. I was pretty proud of myself because all I had there was a glass of ICE WATER!!!! I was literally giving myself pats on the back and congratulating myself on being so dang good.

While we were gone a friend returned a casserole dish, which she had thoughtfully filled with heart-shaped brownies. I ate two (Keven only knows about the first one). They sure were good. I had to go brush my teeth to keep from eating more, but I'm already thinking I'll have one in the morning before I go running...

1 comment:

  1. Mom you are doing awesome! Way to take control of yourself. You even admitted to it, that's a big one! You are really doing a great job at exercising and eating well. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete